Thursday, June 9, 2011

portraits





photo project 4: portraits.
The portrait project was my favorite for many reasons. 
First off, I think the lighting that I chose for many of the pictures turned out beautifully, something which  has become a love-hate relationship between me and photography. I'm very proud of the way I got the dark to pool in his wrinkles, pores, and features.
Speaking of pores, I also liked this project in the way that I got to focus on photographing people. As of yet, the experience and results of taking photos of another person is definitely my preference.
Lastly, I enjoyed taking portraits because of my subject. I chose my dad, which kind of seems strange since we were encouraged to capture someone who was unfamiliar to us, but that is in fact the case. I don't really know my father at all, so taking pictures of him was both strange and enlightening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment